Well, hip hop hippity happy birthday to me!
Today I’m 25. Even though I love my birthday and get very excited around this time of year, I feel kind of sad leaving my early 20s behind.
There are some things about my early 20s I definitely won’t miss like the year I did my Honours degree, silly heartbreaks and a lot of teenage-esque insecurity, but I enjoyed my early, care free 20s immensely.
Here are some things you learn on the way to later 20s:
- You stop caring so much about what other people think about your life choices. By other people I mean like everyone and especially people who aren’t even close to you. You’re an adult and you make your own choices and know that there will be consequences.
- You’re more confident. It kind of goes hand in hand with not caring so much what others think.
- Less impulse, more thought. You don’t act as impulsively as you used to. I know when I was younger when I felt like doing something I did regardless of the repercussions.
- Bye metabolism. Forget about scoffing down all the sweets and fast food in the world. It goes straight to your butt and once it’s there, it’s impossible to get rid of.
- Bye just-a-few-drinks-that-turn-into-a-big-party. Oh please, I wake up the next morning after a glass and a half of wine and I feel like dying.
- Better nutrition. I actually enjoy cooking now whereas previously I was just too impatient to make anything that took longer than two and a half minutes to make.
- Sleepy time. Guys, seriously, I regret not taking all those naps when I was a child! And now that I’m old, I can’t fall asleep during the day. Just plain can’t. Unless I’m jetlagged and that doesn’t happen often.
If you’re 25 or older, what do you miss most about your early 20s and what not?